Search This Blog

Saturday, May 31, 2014

Easy Detox Bath

Guys. I did this last night (I love detox baths for colds/sickness, but I've never done a regular one) and I absolutely loved it. 
I woke up this morning feeling refreshed and my skin felt so soft. I'm pretty sure I'm going to try and turn this into a regular thing, probably bi-weekly. 
Detox baths are good for releasing toxins and allowing your body to go into a sort of "reset."
What I used:
  • Comfortably hot water (like, what hurts, then back it off. You want to SWEAT, so don't make it lukewarm.).
  • 2 handfuls of Epsom Salt (eucalyptus and mint). When I say handfuls, I mean I needed to have the bag close to the water, because there was so much it didn't all fit. Most people say two cups, but it's bath time, not cooking. Your call though.
  • Approximately 1/2 c. of baking soda. I say approximately, because like I said, it's bath time. Just make sure it's a decent amount!
  • 2 peppermint tea bags and 1 green tea bag (which is why the water is brown/green. My friends didn't grasp onto this idea well.)
  • Several drops of Bath and BodyWorks Aromatherapy eucalyptus tea bath and massage oil (stress relief. Green bottle, purple label.).
First things first, draw your bath. While the bath is filling, gather your ingredients and I brewed a cup of green tea, and found my Kindle. Once the water reaches the level you're comfortable with, add in the Epsom Salt, baking soda, oil and peppermint tea bags. Stir the bath to allow everything to mix together, and bob your tea bags so the water begins turning a tea color. Now hop in and enjoy! Once my tea was the strength I like, I threw in my green tea bag.

Your goal is to stay in for 40 minutes, but if you can't handle it, you can just stay for 20. Just remember, the longer the better! This bath will make you sweat. Be sure to drink your tea and stay hydrated, and have a glass of water once you get out.
I promise you, this was probably the most relaxing thing I've done in months. I slept so well last night, and woke up this morning feeling refreshed and like I had a clear mind. Not only that, but my skin felt amazing.
After the bath, I just got out, dried off and washed my face. I drank my water, read a little longer and then knocked out until about 9 am! 

What this bath will do is draw out toxins built up in your system, lower stress related levels, and balance out your pH. Epsom Salt alone has tons of benefits, namely it relaxes the body, relieves muscle cramps, relieves constipation and eliminates toxins from the body. If you would like to know why these things happen, you can shoot me an email, but I didn't think y'all would want a drawn-out science-y explanation. 
Baking soda has great cleansing properties, and exfoliate your skin, leaving it nice and soft! 
Peppermint tea has warming properties, which will cause you to sweat more, and help draw out the toxins. It also helps relax you. 
Green tea is known to be good for you in general, but in a bath it helps soften skin and detoxify. 
And lastly, the oil will help relax you and leave your skin feeling (and smelling!) great.

I hope you guys give this a shot, because it's definitely worth it. And even if you don't like it, you gave it a shot, and you'll smell great.
On a side note, I would just like to let y'all know that I hope to begin posting more! I've been doing a post a week, but I want to up it to biweekly, so keep an eye out! I hope you're finding my advice helpful.

I'd also like to give a quick update on myself. I've been making progress, and this is what I've got to say:
  • Chest: 32 in. - same
  • Waist: 26.5 in. - down an inch
  • Hips: 35 in. - down 3 inches!
  • And I recently calculated my body fat percentage which is an awesome 20.44%!
Hard work pays off guys. You can do this. I believe in you and your abilities. If you ever need to vent out your frustrations, I'm here.
Thanks for reading!
xo - Paige

No comments:

Post a Comment